Planning an upcoming wedding can seem like a full-time job with an endless list of things-to-do. The gowns, suits, shoes, gifts, wedding invitation cards, flowers, caterers, hotels, meetings with close friends and relatives, and… The thought of all these new responsibilities can cause a radiant bride-to-be to turn pale at the pressure.
If you are constantly working from morning to night in a full-time job, how do you plan for your big day? Thankfully, there are bridal studios like Beautiful Love Weddings to help you out with your big day plans. “It takes approximately nine months to plan for an unforgettable wedding, one that you can share with your future generations,” says Nigel Lee, founder of Beautiful Love Weddings. “From selecting your dream gown and wedding photographer to taking fleeting husband-and-wife pictures and memorable videos.”
“When planning a wedding, there’re many things that you need to know, like selecting the prefect wedding gown, choosing a good wedding photographer and cinematography team, getting a great venue and trying the restaurant’s or hotel’s food.
“All these takes some time to prepare and materialize. If you don’t start planning or simply don’t have the time, you might risk postponing your wedding day or ruining it.”
- Focus on finding a wedding gown that fits and suits you. For the busy bride-to-be, Nigel suggests looking for a reputable bridal boutique to help with finding your best wedding gown. “First figure out the silhouette that works best for you. Focus on finding out the right cut and color that goes well with your figure, personal style and skin tone. You definitely want to look your very best on your wedding day, so find a wedding gown that suits you.”
Nigel also advises brides-to-be not to get caught up in the trend of the moment or else they will not be satisfied. “Most brides want to don the latest wedding gowns featured in bridal magazines, but it’s important that they find a wedding gown that suits their silhouette and personal style.” So ladies, do try on as many gowns as you need to.
- Plan your budget and stick to it religiously. Weddings cost money. Serious. Lots of money. And if you do not have a budget, you may risk overspending on your wedding day with the possibility of landing in debt.
To help you get your act together, Nigel suggests breaking down your wedding plans into three sub plans – pre-, actual day and post-wedding. Not only does it make managing your budget easy, but also helps you manage your wedding plans and schedule.
- Think of where you would like to hold your wedding. Whether it is by the beach or in an exquisite five-star hotel like St. Regis, knowing where you would like to hold your wedding matters. “A part of your budgeting process, you have to determine how much you’re going to spend on the venue and caterer / restaurant. If you plan to hold your wedding in a hotel, take note that food alone costs a lot of money,” says Nigel. “It’s the food that will take up some 60 percent of your wedding budget. Budget wisely!”
- Spend some time choosing your wedding photographer and cinematographer. Wedding photographers and cinematographers are a dime a dozen, but good ones are few and far between. Take your time in choosing what you feel is the ‘right’ cameraman and cinematographer for your pre-wedding and actual day photo shoot.
Says Nigel: “You’ll want to go through in detail each photographer and or cinematographer’s works. Browse their works. That way you’ll have an idea of the photographer and or cinematographer’s photo- and video-taking style.”
“Most established bridal boutiques have their own photographers and cinematographers so you needn’t worry about the quality of your photographs and videos. Beautiful Love Wedding works with wedding photographers and cinematographers with over one, two decades of experience, you can expect picture-perfect photographs and videos that you can share with your children, grandchildren and even great-grandchildren.” Rest assured you are in good hands.
- Always talk to your wedding photographer and cinematographer. People cannot read minds. If you have an idea for your pre- and actual day wedding photo and or video shoot, share it with your wedding photographer and cinematographer – regardless how funny or silly your idea might sound.
On the other hand, if you have no idea how you want your wedding photographs and videos to be taken, talk to your hired creatives. They will be more than happy to suggest ideas to make your wedding a memorable one. Says Nigel: “Some of my clients really don’t know what they want for their wedding photos and videos. That’s when my photography and videography team will suggest ideas how they can plan their wedding.”
“Every bride wants to look her very best on her wedding day and in her wedding photos and videos. Beautiful Love Weddings is always happy to make her look her best and that’s something I also strive for.”